Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Melting Pot

 I had a really good time at The Melting Pot. I say, DO the FONDUE
The whole fondue concept is great. I like having to work a little for the food. Having to dip your fondue forks before each bite slows down the meal and increases table conversation. 
I didn't know what to expect when I walked in the doors, but knowing that there are over 100 Melting Pot restaurants nationwide, I was expecting it to resemble a Max & Erma's or Chili's look. But the Melting Pot is beautiful! The lighting is a little dark, but the booths are cozy and intimate. The Melting Pot offers a unique dining experience that rivals Bene Hanas Japanese steakhouse (the place where the chef entertains the patrons while he cooks). Fondue is a very sociable form of dining, great for first dates or awkward family dinners.
My date and I got the 2 person entree, which cost about $55. It included:
Cheese fondue (of our choice) with bread, vegetables and sliced apples. I really enjoyed watching our waitress prepare the cheese sauce
Salad (of our choice)
Main course: raw beef, chicken, duck, shrimp and pork. The waitress brings out a hot pot of broth (or oil) and explains how to cook the meat. 
Lots of sauces for dipping
Toledo's (Sylvania) Melting Pot opened earlier this summer. It's located on Monroe Street right off I-75. My waitress told me another one is opening in Ann Arbor. Check the Web site to find a location near you. www.meltingpot.com

No comments: